Welcome to ZIO
ZIO is a zero-dependency Scala library for asynchronous and concurrent programming.
Powered by highly-scalable, non-blocking fibers that never waste or leak resources, ZIO lets you build scalable, resilient, and reactive applications that meet the needs of your business.
- High-performance. Build scalable applications with 100x the performance of Scala's
- Type-safe. Use the full power of the Scala compiler to catch bugs at compile time.
- Concurrent. Easily build concurrent apps without deadlocks, race conditions, or complexity.
- Asynchronous. Write sequential code that looks the same whether it's asynchronous or synchronous.
- Resource-safe. Build apps that never leak resources (including threads!), even when they fail.
- Testable. Inject test services into your app for fast, deterministic, and type-safe testing.
- Resilient. Build apps that never lose errors, and which respond to failure locally and flexibly.
- Functional. Rapidly compose solutions to complex problems from simple building blocks.
To learn more about ZIO, see the following references:
Following is a partial list of companies happily using ZIO in production to craft concurrent applications.
Want to see your company here? Submit a PR!
- AdGear / Samsung Ads
- Anduin Transactions
- AnyMind Group
- Bank of America
- Blue Insight Digital
- Caesars Digital
- Call Handling
- Complicated Robot
- Credit Karma
- DHL Parcel The Netherlands
- Disney+ Streaming
- Dow Jones
- DPG recruitment
- Deutsche Telekom IoT GmbH
- Electricité de France (EDF)
- Garner Distributed Workflow
- greyflower.media GmbH
- IHS Markit
- Kaizen Solutions
- Kamon APM
- LiveIntent Inc.
- Ocado Technology
- Olyro GmbH
- Performance Immo
- PITS Global Data Recovery Services
- PPC Samurai
- Radix Labs
- Randstad Groep Nederland
- PIM Solutions
- Remember The Milk
- REWE Digital
- Risk Ident
- Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking
- The Pokemon Company International
- Tweddle Group
- Verbund AG
- Valamis Group
- Vivid Money
Ziverge is a leading contributor to ZIO.
Scalac sponsors ZIO Hackathons and contributes work to multiple projects in ZIO ecosystem.
Septimal Mind sponsors work on ZIO Tracing and continuous maintenance.
YourKit generously provides use of their monitoring and profiling tools to maximize the performance of ZIO applications.
Code of Conduct
See the Code of Conduct
Copyright 2017 - 2023 John A. De Goes and the ZIO Contributors. All rights reserved.