Apache Commons Lang
Apache Commons Lang, a package of Java utility classes for the classes that are in java.lang's hierarchy, or are considered to be so standard as to justify existence in java.lang.
The code is tested using the latest revision of the JDK for supported LTS releases. These are 8, 11, 12 and 21 currently, see: https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven.yml
Please ensure your build environment is up-to-date and kindly report any build issues.
Getting the latest release
You can download source and binaries from our download page.
Alternatively, you can pull it from the central Maven repositories:
Building requires a Java JDK and Apache Maven.
The required Java version is found in the
pom.xml as the
From a command shell, run
mvn without arguments to invoke the default Maven goal to run all tests and checks.
We accept Pull Requests via GitHub. The developer mailing list is the main channel of communication for contributors. There are some guidelines which will make applying PRs easier for us:
- No tabs! Please use spaces for indentation.
- Respect the existing code style for each file.
- Create minimal diffs - disable on save actions like reformat source code or organize imports. If you feel the source code should be reformatted create a separate PR for this change.
- Provide JUnit tests for your changes and make sure your changes don't break any existing tests by running
This code is licensed under the Apache License v2.
NOTICE.txt file for required notices and attributions.
You like Apache Commons Lang? Then donate back to the ASF to support development.
- Apache Commons Homepage
- Apache Issue Tracker (JIRA)
- Apache Commons Slack Channel
- Apache Commons Twitter Account
#apache-commonsIRC channel on
Apache Commons Components
Please see the list of components